Friends of King is YOU!
Friends of King (FOK) is a 501 c3 non-profit organization (Tax ID # 27-1638183) created to promote and support the educational activities and programs of the diverse group of students at T.S. King Middle School. It is an organization open to all King parents, students, faculty and staff, so if you are a parent at T.S. King Middle School, you are automatically a member of Friends of King and wholeheartedly invited to get involved!
Friends of King works to provide financial support for the educators and their vision, as well as materials needed for empowering students to reach their full potential. You can help Friends of King in two very important ways: VOLUNTEER & DONATE FUNDS.
Friends of King organizes and encourages parent participation in the support of T.S. King educational programs. Specifically, our goals include:
- Providing financial and volunteer support for classroom activities and materials – this includes and is not limited to: funds & chaperones for field trips, parent liaisons for each classroom, classroom materials.
- Helping provide the entire school with updated classroom technology such as document cameras, smart boards, laptops, batteries, and carts, etc.
- Developing industry connections
- Supporting social activities and collaborative learning amongst T.S. King students and the local community
Friends of King is all of us in the T.S. King MS community. If you are a parent at King, you are part of Friends of King. The board is elected each year in the spring. Officers serve a maximum of two years. If you are interested in learning more about the board or being on the board as an officer or a team member, we would love your help. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry.
A tremendous THANK YOU to the board members who are stepping down at the end of this year, Alejandra Gagliarducci & Kelly Flannagan. You both were a tremendous asset to the TS King community!
The 2017-2018 board is as follows:
- President: Jennie Chamberlain
- Co-Presidents: Melissa Casey & Melissa Cooley
- Co-Treasurers: Leslie Levito & Aleli V. Orjalo
- Co-Secretaries: Rita Mauceri & Samantha Peale